My name is Zalgo. My real name is Hiroki Tanabe. Please call me Zalgo instead of my real name if you like.
I am a researcher, engineer, and video contributor.
- As a researcher
As a researcher
I am 26 years old, born in 1995. He has a Master’s degree in Informatics and specializes in optimization mathematical problems.
- Mar 2014 Graduated from Osaka Seikouin High School
- Apr 2014 Entered Department of Informatics, Faculty of Engineering, Kyoto University
- Mar 2018 Graduated from Department of Informatics, Faculty of Engineering, Kyoto University
- Apr 2018 Entered Master’s Program in Mathematical Engineering, Graduate School of Informatics, Kyoto University
- Sep 2019 Completed Master’s Program in Mathematical Engineering, Graduate School of Informatics, Kyoto University
- Oct 2019 Entered Doctoral Program in Mathematical Engineering, Graduate School of Informatics, Kyoto University
- I got first place in my high school mock exam just before graduation.
- I got the highest score on the university entrance examination in the Department of Informatics, Faculty of Engineering (according to my calculations, I could have easily passed the medical school entrance examination).
- The first TOEIC test I took after entering university was 550 (I scored 800 after that!!!!)
- I was chosen as the valedictorian of the graduation ceremony as a regular representative of the Faculty of Engineering at Kyoto University because his grades in his specialized subjects were the highest during his university years.
- In the master’s program, I was selected as the official representative of the Graduate School of Informatics, but the administration informed me of the selection on the morning of the graduation ceremony, so I could not be there in time for the graduation ceremony.
How did I get into the doctoral program?
As an engineer
- Feb 2019 Internship at HACARUS Corporation (Machine learning on images using Python, 1 year
- Aug 2020 Internship at Cookpad Inc (Web app development using Ruby on Rails, 5 days)
- Aug 2020 Internship at Yahoo! Development of recommendation system using Python 5 days)
- Machine Learning
- 1 year of experience in image processing
- Familiar with NumPy, SciPy, scikit-learn, OpenCV, matplotlib, seaborn
- I have experience in pre-processing and learning CSV data using pandas.
- Web app development
- Self-taught for about 6 months and internship experience for 5 days + α
- Experienced in building a web application with machine learning function using Flask.
- Can create basic applications with CRUD and login functions using Ruby on Rails
- I have experience in building environments using Docker and CI/CD pipelines.
- Competition Programming
- I have been working for about 6 months since I started.
- My language is Python, my AtCoder rating is green, and my best performance is blue.
As a video contributor
I mainly sing and play video games.
As a singer
I am active on YouTube, Nico Nico Douga, and TikTok, mainly singing (cover) videos of VOCALOID songs.
- April 2016: First posted on NicoNicoDouga
- February 2017: Began posting on my YouTube channel
- July 2017: Achieved 5,000 YouTube channel subscribers
- March 2018: Achieved 10,000 YouTube channel subscribers
- July 2018: Romeo achieved 500,000 views
- November 2018: Changed old channel to a live game channel. Launched a new channel specializing in music
- July 2019 Tensai Rock achieved 100,000 views
Collection of works I tried singing
As a video game player
He is active on YouTube, Nico Nico Douga, and TikTok, mainly doing action game play-by-play videos.
- Jan 2018: Part 1 of my first video How to complete Mario Odyssey in 70 minutes achieved 100,000 views
- Mar 2018: Achieved 10,000 YouTube channel subscribers
- Apr 2018: Part 1 of the How to complete Mario Odyssey in 70 minutes reached 500,000
- August 2018: Began a new series Mario Odyssey: All Moons, All Purple Coins & Superplays
- September 2019: Part 1 of the How to complete Mario Odyssey in 70 minutes reached 1 million views
Collection of live game productions
I got married in 2019 as a student